About Me

My photo
" I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very very curious" - Albert Einstien. I honestly think life is an eternal quest of knowing oneself. As I try my hands on various recipes, I am trying to rediscover my hidden traits and talents. I have immense pleasure sharing it to the world and say 'if these recipes worked for me, it would certainly work for you as well'. I am sure the journey of thousand miles should begin with the first step. Now I have taken my first step towards writing this blog and hope to keep it going with all of your support and motivation. All my readers, I would like to thank you very much for visiting my blog and making use of them to the fullest. Good luck!

Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Eggless Chocolate cake

Eggless Chocolate Cake

The best part of this cake is that despite it being eggless, it retains its moisure and is absolutely delicious. Another wonderful part is that it uses just one mixing bowl to make this entire cake. Saves a lot of time in cleaning and very little mess. I usually frost this with molten chocolate with heavy cream and it is sinfully tasty! It would work great as a birthday/anniversary cake or even a casual desert.
Ingredients:

- All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa -1/4 cup
-Baking powder -1 teaspoon
-Baking Soda -1 teaspoon
-Salt - 1/4 teasoon
-Unsalted Butter - 1/3 cup (melted)
-Warm water - 1 cup
-Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
-Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
Frosting:
- Semi Sweet Chocolate - 6 ounces ( I use Bakers or Ghriradelli) ( Chopped)
- Heavy Cream - 3/4 cup
- Unsalted Butter - - 1 tablespoon ( room temp)

Proceedure:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees
2. In an 8 inch square/Rectangle pan, add flour, sugar, sifted cocoa powder baking powder, baking soda and salt. Give it a nice stir.
3. Add the melted butter, water, lemon juice, and vanilla extract to the flour mixture. Using a spatula, mix everything well. Make sure all the ingredients come together smoothly. Bake for 35 mins and make sure when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let it cool completely.

Frosting :
- Place the chopped chocolate in a bowl. Heat the cream and butter and let it come to a rolling boil. Pour out the boiling butter and cream mixture over the chocolate. Let it stand for about 5 mins. Using a fork, stir it smooth. Then let it sit in the room temperature for about an hour and then beat it ganache untill it is light and creamy. Using a knife or spatula spread it over the cooled cake.

PS: Use M&M's to decorate, or any kind of icing of your choice.

5 comments:

  1. simply delicious.. i m chocoholic..and into eggless baking.. bookmarked

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi srividhya,all the recipies here looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vidhs. I have an award for u. Do drop in my space and collect it when u can..

    ReplyDelete