About Me

My photo
" I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very very curious" - Albert Einstien. I honestly think life is an eternal quest of knowing oneself. As I try my hands on various recipes, I am trying to rediscover my hidden traits and talents. I have immense pleasure sharing it to the world and say 'if these recipes worked for me, it would certainly work for you as well'. I am sure the journey of thousand miles should begin with the first step. Now I have taken my first step towards writing this blog and hope to keep it going with all of your support and motivation. All my readers, I would like to thank you very much for visiting my blog and making use of them to the fullest. Good luck!

Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tofu with Eggplant, Peppers and Onions!

Tofu with Eggplant, Peppers and Onions!
Tofu is very low in Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Protein, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Copper and Selenium, and a very good source of Calcium and Manganese. It is undoubtedly a very healthy ingredient that I would like to add to my weelky diet! I usually get very creative with Tofu.. and one of them is below!
Ingredients:
- Tofu - 1 packet
- Soy sauce - 3- 4 tea spoons
- Onions - med sized -1
- Colored Pepers - 2-3 ( I use the frozen ones)
- Green chillies - 3- 4
- Garlic - 2 -3 pods
- Ginger - 1/4 inch
- Egg plant - 1/2 Med sized
- Tomatoes - 2 -3 Med sized
Procedure:
Add some 2 -3 teaspoons of olive oil to a cast pan and while it gets warm, chop the Onions and saute them in the oil. Fry the Onions till it turns golden brown. Add the Ginger, Garlic and fry a lil more. To this add the colored peppers. Once they are cooked then add the Tomatoes and Eggplant into the mixture. Fry everything till they become tender. Once you get a kind of gooey mixture, add the tofu and mix them well. Add salt to taste ( if desired).
Garnish with Spring Onions, or Cilantro.
This can be served with Jasmine rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment