About Me

My photo
" I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very very curious" - Albert Einstien. I honestly think life is an eternal quest of knowing oneself. As I try my hands on various recipes, I am trying to rediscover my hidden traits and talents. I have immense pleasure sharing it to the world and say 'if these recipes worked for me, it would certainly work for you as well'. I am sure the journey of thousand miles should begin with the first step. Now I have taken my first step towards writing this blog and hope to keep it going with all of your support and motivation. All my readers, I would like to thank you very much for visiting my blog and making use of them to the fullest. Good luck!

Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Berry and Shortbread Tarts with Cream filling!


Berry and Shortbread Tarts with Cream filling!
Ingredients
Shortbread tarts :
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
2 tablespoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt

Cream cheese filling
- 1 - 8 ounce cream cheese ( I use Philedelphia cream cheese)
-1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (milkmaid)
- 1/ 3 cup lemon juice ( freshly squeezed)
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Proceedure:
Shortbread Tarts:
Lightly butter or spray oil in a mini muffin pans and keep it aside. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and place the rack in the center of the oven. While the oven is getting preheated, take a bowl and beat the butter and sugar. To this mixture, add flour, vanilla, cornstarch and salt and mix just enough for the mixture to blend into a smooth ball ( should look like chapathi/ Roti dough). Take the greased muffin tins and make small balls which will cover the muffin tins and make a small hollow in the center to fill in with the cream filling. After the muffin pans have these shells in them, leave it in the freezer for about 10 mins. This will help the shells from puffing. Then take them out and bake them for about 18 - 20 mins. If you see the the shells puff, take a fork and prick their bottoms and let them turn golden brown. After they are done, take them off the oven and let them cool completely. These can be made in large quantities and frozen.

Cream cheese filling:
Beat the cream cheese in a bowl till it is fluffy, and add the condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla and blend it well. Make sure it is not over processed, otherwise it becomes too runny!. After this is done, leave it in the refrigerator till the ingredients mingle well and the mixture becomes firm. Usually, it is great idea to do this filling a day in advance.

To serve:
Using a small spoon, scoop the cream cheese filling and fill the shells and top it with the fruit of your choice.
Note :
I used Blueberries, Rasberries, Strawberries, Blackberries and Peach!

This is a wonderful cold creamy dessert and I am sure you and your family would absolutely enjoy.
Courtesy : Joy of Baking








4 comments:

  1. Nice one Vidhya. Keep it up.
    Vinaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so much chef style Vidhs!!Ur pictures speak a thousand volumes than your recipe!!!way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thanks so much Vidhya.. Thanks to Niranjan as well!

    ReplyDelete