About Me

My photo
" I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very very curious" - Albert Einstien. I honestly think life is an eternal quest of knowing oneself. As I try my hands on various recipes, I am trying to rediscover my hidden traits and talents. I have immense pleasure sharing it to the world and say 'if these recipes worked for me, it would certainly work for you as well'. I am sure the journey of thousand miles should begin with the first step. Now I have taken my first step towards writing this blog and hope to keep it going with all of your support and motivation. All my readers, I would like to thank you very much for visiting my blog and making use of them to the fullest. Good luck!

Popular Posts

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chocolate Shortbread!

For people who love chocolate, this is a such a divine recipe. A butter rich chocolate shortbread covered with warm molten chocolate and glazed with Hazelnuts or Pistachoes is absolutely difficult to resist!
Chocolate Shortbread! (Chocolate Lover's delight)
Shortbread
- 1 cup - All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup - Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/2 granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanila extract
- 1 large egg yolk ( optional)
Glaze:
- 3 ounces semi sweet chocolate ( I buy the chopped ones)
-2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Roasted Pistachios, Walnuts, Hazelnuts. ( The above image has Hazelnuts).
Proceedure:
Start with preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a tart pan with butter or vegetable oil. While that is done, take a bowl and mix the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Keep it aside. Then take another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and the egg yolk. To this, add the cocoa - flour mixture. Use your hands and knead this into a smooth dough. Press this against a tart pan and make a even layer on to the bottom of the tart pan. Bake for about 25 - 3o mins till the short bread looks all firm.
Glaze :
Melt the chocolate and butter in bowl over a pan of boiling water. This melts into a viscous even liquid. Immediately pour the glaze over the warm shortbread and using a spatula or a butter knife, evenly spread it over the shortbread covering all the edges. Sprinkle the nuts over the shortbread and gently press into the glaze. Let it cool to cut into 10 - 15 wedges.
For people who love cocoa, this is a must try. It melts in the mouth and the texture is something that your tastebuds will crave for.
Courtesy : Joy of Baking

No comments:

Post a Comment