About Me

My photo
" I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very very curious" - Albert Einstien. I honestly think life is an eternal quest of knowing oneself. As I try my hands on various recipes, I am trying to rediscover my hidden traits and talents. I have immense pleasure sharing it to the world and say 'if these recipes worked for me, it would certainly work for you as well'. I am sure the journey of thousand miles should begin with the first step. Now I have taken my first step towards writing this blog and hope to keep it going with all of your support and motivation. All my readers, I would like to thank you very much for visiting my blog and making use of them to the fullest. Good luck!

Popular Posts

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Very Berry Muffins!

On a nice spring morning, walked along the lushy green pastures to a local produce market to find the most fresh berries of the season. These berries were irrestible and amazingly fresh! Could not wait to blend all of them into something that most of us would enjoy. The Very Berry muffin bursts with flavor and the buttermilk adds to it.

Ingredients:

- All purpose flour -                  2 1/2 cups
- Granulated  White Sugar -     3/4 cup
-Baking Powder                -     2 teaspoon
-Baking  Soda                   -    1/2 teaspoon           
- Salt                                 -    1/4 teaspoon
- Zest of 1 Orange or Lemon
- Egg                               -      1
-Buttermilk                      -      1 cup
-Vegetable, Canola Oil    -      1/2 cup
-Vanilla extract                -      1 teaspoon
-Fresh or frozen berries (Strawberry, Blueberry, Rasberry, Blackberry)  - 11/2 - 2 cups

Proceedure:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the  muffin tray with with liners or a non stick cooking spray each muffin cup measuring 2 3/4 x 1/1/2 inch (About 12 muffin cups).

In a measuring cup whisk toghether the wet ingredients,egg, buttermilk, vanilla extract and oil.

In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and the zests. Fold in the berries. With a spatula, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Make sure it is not overmixed just to retain the texture of the muffin or they may become tough. Fill each cup almost full with batter using 2 spoons or an icecream scoop. Place in the oven and bake till 20- 25 mins. Make sure when a tooth pick inserted comes clean. Let it cool for 5- 10 mins.

Note:
- If using frozen berries, make sure you bake for extra 5- 10 mins
- I tried using some nuts as well. Walnuts and pecans.

Adapted from Australian womens weekly best food cookbook and JOB

No comments:

Post a Comment