About Me

My photo
" I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very very curious" - Albert Einstien. I honestly think life is an eternal quest of knowing oneself. As I try my hands on various recipes, I am trying to rediscover my hidden traits and talents. I have immense pleasure sharing it to the world and say 'if these recipes worked for me, it would certainly work for you as well'. I am sure the journey of thousand miles should begin with the first step. Now I have taken my first step towards writing this blog and hope to keep it going with all of your support and motivation. All my readers, I would like to thank you very much for visiting my blog and making use of them to the fullest. Good luck!

Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pecan Tassies

A one-ounce serving of pecans (approximately 20 halves) contains 196 calories, 20.4 grams total fat (1.8 saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 0 grams sodium, 2.7 grams dietary fiber and over 19 vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, vitamin E, calcium, potassium and zinc.
Pecans are also a good source of oleic acid, vitamin B1, thiamin, magnesium and protein.

-http://www.ilovepecans.org/nutrition.html#weight

Ingredients
Cream Cheese Pastry:
-1 cup unsalted butter - at room temperature
-6 ounces regular cream cheese - room temperature
-2 cups all-purpose flour

Pecan Filling:
-3 large eggs
-3 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
-1 3/4 cups light brown sugar
-1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1 cup - chopped pecans

Cream cheese Pastry:

Using a hand mixer, blend the cream cheese and butter untill it is light and fluffy. Add the flour to this and make a dough. Do not use your hand mixer, instead use your hands and knead them into a smooth ball. Flaten this dough and make into a thick disk and wrap it in a plastic and leave it in the refrigirator to set for about one hr. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. After about an hour, take a little bit of the dough and line a greased muffin or minature muffin pan. Repeat the same with the rest of the dough.

Filling:

Take a seperate bowl, beat the Eggs, Sugar, Butter,Vanilla and Salt untill all of the ingredients are well incorporated. Scoop a spoon of the filling into the muffin pans and garnish it with some Pecans.

Bake for about 20 mins or till the pastry shells are golden brown. It would still have a soft center and take it out and leave it to cool.

Delicious pecan tassies are ready for a great snack!

Courtesy : Joyofbaking.







Pecan tassies

3 comments: