About Me

My photo
" I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very very curious" - Albert Einstien. I honestly think life is an eternal quest of knowing oneself. As I try my hands on various recipes, I am trying to rediscover my hidden traits and talents. I have immense pleasure sharing it to the world and say 'if these recipes worked for me, it would certainly work for you as well'. I am sure the journey of thousand miles should begin with the first step. Now I have taken my first step towards writing this blog and hope to keep it going with all of your support and motivation. All my readers, I would like to thank you very much for visiting my blog and making use of them to the fullest. Good luck!

Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Methi Adai:
Adai is protein packed South Indian dish that is made by combining various lentils!
Ingredients
-Rice - 1/4 cup
- Whole Green Mung - 1/4 cup
-Toor Daal - 1/4 cup ...
-Channa Daal - 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup Onion
- 1/2 small Green Chili
- 1, to taste Cilantro Leaves
- 5 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 1 sprig Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 pinch Salt - to taste
- Black Pepper - 1/4 tsp or to taste
Ginger - 1/2″ piece
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Oil - for pan-frying How to make Adai
Proceedure:
1. Wash and soak the following in in 4 cups of water for 3-4 hours - Rice, Whole Green Mung, Toor Daal & Channa Daal.
2. Drain out the water.
3. Add the rice and daal mixture and all of the remaining ingredients (except for oil) in a blender and grind using a little fresh water. The consistency should be that of pancake batter
Note :I also added methi leaves to the batter.
Make the batter accordingly and spread it on a hot tawa. Wait for it to turn golden brown by adding a little oil. Flip it over.
Methi Adai is ready to be served with the delicious sambar!

No comments:

Post a Comment