About Me

My photo
" I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very very curious" - Albert Einstien. I honestly think life is an eternal quest of knowing oneself. As I try my hands on various recipes, I am trying to rediscover my hidden traits and talents. I have immense pleasure sharing it to the world and say 'if these recipes worked for me, it would certainly work for you as well'. I am sure the journey of thousand miles should begin with the first step. Now I have taken my first step towards writing this blog and hope to keep it going with all of your support and motivation. All my readers, I would like to thank you very much for visiting my blog and making use of them to the fullest. Good luck!

Popular Posts

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rum n' Rasin Mini Bundt cake!

Rum N Raisin Mini Bundt cake
Ingredients
1 cup water
1/4 cup rum
2/3 cup chopped raisins
3/4 cup butter
1 egg
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup chopped pecans
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
2. Boil water add rum and raisins. Melt butter and beat egg. Add to the raisin mixture.
3. Sift flour, baking soda, cocoa, and sugar together. Stir into raisin mixture. Add chopped pecans and stir until just combined. If batter is too thick add a little more water. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes. Let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a serving dish. Serve cake hot with custard or top cooled cake with whipped cream.

3 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely gorgeous :-) hopefully I will muster some courage to make it soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Parvathy! As I usually say it is not rocket signs at all.. for all u know .. u mite be doing a better job:) and ure awake at 4.07 am?

    ReplyDelete