About Me

My photo
" I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very very curious" - Albert Einstien. I honestly think life is an eternal quest of knowing oneself. As I try my hands on various recipes, I am trying to rediscover my hidden traits and talents. I have immense pleasure sharing it to the world and say 'if these recipes worked for me, it would certainly work for you as well'. I am sure the journey of thousand miles should begin with the first step. Now I have taken my first step towards writing this blog and hope to keep it going with all of your support and motivation. All my readers, I would like to thank you very much for visiting my blog and making use of them to the fullest. Good luck!

Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Blueberry tart

Berries, are high in their nutritional value and some berries help in preventing some form of cancer. Cranberries and Blueberries prevent bladder infection. So, for people who love berries, here is a wonderful recipe. This blueberry tart just melts in your mouth and works as a wonderful desert topped with light whipped cream or vanilla icecream.

For the Pastry:
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
-1/2 teaspoon vanila extract
- 1/2 cup butter ( 1 stick)
- 1 egg

For the filling :
- 2 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour

Garnish
Strawberry, Blueberry, Blackberry, Rasberry

Proceedure:
Pastry:
In a bowl combine flour, Salt and Sugar and whisk it together. Then pour Egg and Vanilla extract in a steady stream and combine with the mixture. Use your hands and make an even ball out of the dough. Grease a tart pan and flatten out this dough like you are lining the pan. Make sure the sides and the bottom are even. Leave this in the regrigirator for about 10 mins or more.
Filling :
While the shell is getting set, take another bowl, combine the blueberries, flour and sugar and mix them well. Make sure the blueberries are coated with sugar and flour. Heat the oven to 425 degrees. When the oven is getting preheated, take the dough off the refirirator and pour the blueberry mixtue into the dough. Once the oven is preheated, put this in the oven for the bluberries to cook into a jam like texture. Cook for about 15- 18 mins. Then with the spoon, kindle the mixture that ways all the blueberries are smoothly and evenly cooked. Then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and cook for about 30 - 40 mins. You would see the crust turning golden brown and the blueberries turning into a complete jam. Leave it out for it to cool. Then take the rest of the berries or fruits and top them according to your design and taste.
Once it is completely cool, you can slowly scoop the tart of the pan and serve it with whipped cream or vanilla icecream.

Makes a wonderful desert. Enjoy!


Courtesy :joyof baking

2 comments:

  1. yummy and you make it look so simple. will surely have to try it out. love your blog. keep going...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nithya .. this is super simple..try it out and let me know. I am sure this is not rocket signs for u..

    ReplyDelete