About Me

My photo
" I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very very curious" - Albert Einstien. I honestly think life is an eternal quest of knowing oneself. As I try my hands on various recipes, I am trying to rediscover my hidden traits and talents. I have immense pleasure sharing it to the world and say 'if these recipes worked for me, it would certainly work for you as well'. I am sure the journey of thousand miles should begin with the first step. Now I have taken my first step towards writing this blog and hope to keep it going with all of your support and motivation. All my readers, I would like to thank you very much for visiting my blog and making use of them to the fullest. Good luck!

Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cuban Beans and Jasmine Rice


Cuban Beans and Jasmine Rice:
Dry beans lend themselves well to slow cooking and when they slow cook, the spice blend in well to emit a nice complex flavor which is absolutely authentic and wonderful. This recipe was extracted from 'Cooking light' in which they say this recipe is a protien rich.
Ingredients:
- 1 pound dried Black beans
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups chopped Onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped Green pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 teaspoon ground corriander
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons sherry or red wine vinegar
- 2 cans diced tomatoes and green chilles - drained
- 3 cups Jasmine Rice
Hot sauce (optional)
Proceedure:
1. Soak the beans for about 8 hours. Drain beans.
2. Combine beans, 2 cups of water and the next 1o ingredients in an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for atleast 5 hours or untill the beans is tender. Stir in Vinegar and Tomatoes. Serve over rice and sprinkle with Hot sauce.
-
-

No comments:

Post a Comment