About Me

My photo
" I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very very curious" - Albert Einstien. I honestly think life is an eternal quest of knowing oneself. As I try my hands on various recipes, I am trying to rediscover my hidden traits and talents. I have immense pleasure sharing it to the world and say 'if these recipes worked for me, it would certainly work for you as well'. I am sure the journey of thousand miles should begin with the first step. Now I have taken my first step towards writing this blog and hope to keep it going with all of your support and motivation. All my readers, I would like to thank you very much for visiting my blog and making use of them to the fullest. Good luck!

Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Paneer Jalfrezi

Paneer Jalfrezi
For most people from India, Paneer is one of the favorite ingredients that they would like to toss in their dishes. Paneer is high in protien and it is absolutely versatile. Paneer retains it shape and texture when fried, boiled in curry sauce and can even be grated. There are many dishes that you can create out of paneer. Here is one of my favorite dishes. I personally like Paneer Jalfrezi for the fact that I can toss in some veges, which would keep up to the nutritional value of the dish as well. Check out the recipe below and leave me a comment to let me know how your dish turned out to be.

Ingredients:
Tomato - 3( Diced) Or Tomato paste - 1 can -
Onions - 2 ( Big) (Diced)
Paneer - 1 packet ( make sure it is cubed and fried, or please cut and fry the paneer till the sides become golden brown)
Colored Capcicum/ Pepper - 3 ( I used Red, Yellow and Green Peppers)
Green chillies - 3
Ginger - 2 teaspoons
Garlic - 3 pods
Red chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Black pepper ( Freshly ground) - 1/2 teaspoon
Corriander seeds/ Dhania - 1 teaspoon
Jeera - 1 teaspoon
Butter - 2 teaspoons
Salt to taste
Lemon Juice - 1 teaspoon
Cashew - 3 teaspoons

Proceedure:
1. Take butter in a cast pan and warm it up. While the butter is getting warm, toss in Jeera, Corriander seeds and Onion. Wait till the onion gets to a golden brown color. Add the diced tomato, green chilli, Cashew, garlic and ginger. Fry it a lil more. Add a lil salt to the mixture and you will see the mixure generating a lil water. Let the mixure cook well till the tomato - onion mixture becomes nice and mushy. Bring the flame to low and continue to fry it. To this, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and black pepper. Make sure everything cooks in a low flame for some time. This ways all the spices blend well. After everything is incorporated well, turn the flame off and let it cool for sometime. Using a blender, blend the cooled mixture into a fine paste. The key is blending into a real fine paste.

2. Take another pan and add a teaspoon of butter and fry the paneer. When the paneer is getting fried add the Colored Peppers/ Capcicum. Fry till the peppers become tender. Add the groung tomato - onion mixture to this. If the gravy is too thick, add some cream or milk to give it a creamy consistency. Finally add salt to taste and garnish it with sping onions and Cilantro.

Paneer Jalfrezi is ready to be served with Naan/ Roti or Jeera Rice.

Note: The recipe is written for hot spicy tougue's. Please feel free to adjust the spice level. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment