About Me

My photo
" I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very very curious" - Albert Einstien. I honestly think life is an eternal quest of knowing oneself. As I try my hands on various recipes, I am trying to rediscover my hidden traits and talents. I have immense pleasure sharing it to the world and say 'if these recipes worked for me, it would certainly work for you as well'. I am sure the journey of thousand miles should begin with the first step. Now I have taken my first step towards writing this blog and hope to keep it going with all of your support and motivation. All my readers, I would like to thank you very much for visiting my blog and making use of them to the fullest. Good luck!

Popular Posts

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Asparagus, Spinach, Pesto Pasta

Asparagus, Spinach, Pesto Pasta
Ingredients
1 pound -Asparagus
1/4 cup -Pistachios, or Walnuts or Pecans
1/4 cup - Spinach,
1 clove- Garlic
1/4 cup -Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons - Olive oil
1 teaspoon -lemon juice
1 (12-ounce) - Whole wheat pasta
Directions:

1)Bring pot of water to a boil. When the water is ready, add the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes. Slice off the tips and set aside. Roughly chop the rest.

2)Add a cup of the chopped asparagus to a food processor or bleder along with the spinach, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the pistachios, parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Blend until it is a paste; this would serve as your pesto.

3)Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain the pasta when done.

4) Add 1 cup of the pesto and half of the pasta water. Stir well. If it is too dry, add some more water.

5)Chop the remaining pistachios or any other nut. Serve the pasta and garnish with the pistachios, and more grated parmesan cheese. Season with salt and crushed red chilli.
This can be served with warm bread rolls or salad.

The freshly grated parmesan cheese adds texure to the pasta. Alternatively you can add Olives, and peppers which would make it healthier and colorful!


Courtesy: cooksrecipe

No comments:

Post a Comment