About Me

My photo
" I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very very curious" - Albert Einstien. I honestly think life is an eternal quest of knowing oneself. As I try my hands on various recipes, I am trying to rediscover my hidden traits and talents. I have immense pleasure sharing it to the world and say 'if these recipes worked for me, it would certainly work for you as well'. I am sure the journey of thousand miles should begin with the first step. Now I have taken my first step towards writing this blog and hope to keep it going with all of your support and motivation. All my readers, I would like to thank you very much for visiting my blog and making use of them to the fullest. Good luck!

Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pineapple Orange Muffins!


Pineapple - Orange Muffins!
When I first made them, I was so doubtful about the whole recipe. It has an whole 8 ounce can of crushed Pineapple and it has Orange zest, extract and Juice. I was thinking it is going to be super tangy and usually tangy stuff hurts my throat. I was just amazed how this the Pineapple, Pecans and the Oranges come together to give a flavor explosion. None of the ingredients stand out, and this recipe is a perfect example of how different things can yield to one common flavor. This recipe is all about flavor and it works very well for a dessert with fruits like in the picture or can be served during breakfast along with yogurt. Either ways it tastes wonderful.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup - Pecans
2 cups - All-purpose Flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
1 large egg
3/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
1 teaspoon pure orange extract
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 - 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
For the Glaze:
1/2 cup - granulated white sugar
1/3 cup (80 ml) fresh orange juice
Procedure:
1)Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Toast the pecans for 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool and then chop them roughly.

2) Greast 36 miniature muffin pan.

3)Take a large bowl and combine, the flour, salt, and baking soda. Make sure you whisk them well.

4) Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy using a hand mixture. Add the egg and beat until it blends well. Beat in the sour cream, orange extract, and orange zest. Finally add the flour to the mixture and beat just until everything comes together as a thick batter. Now as the last step fold in the toasted pecans and drained pineapple.

5)Fill the muffin tray little by little. Make sure they are half filled.
6) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned While the muffins are baking combine the
7) While the muffin is baking get together the glaze ingredients (sugar and orange juice) in a cup.

8) Once the muffins are totaly done, and sprinke the glaze over the muffins while they are nice and warm.
Your Pineapple orange muffins are ready!
Extracts : Joyofbaking

No comments:

Post a Comment