About Me

My photo
" I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very very curious" - Albert Einstien. I honestly think life is an eternal quest of knowing oneself. As I try my hands on various recipes, I am trying to rediscover my hidden traits and talents. I have immense pleasure sharing it to the world and say 'if these recipes worked for me, it would certainly work for you as well'. I am sure the journey of thousand miles should begin with the first step. Now I have taken my first step towards writing this blog and hope to keep it going with all of your support and motivation. All my readers, I would like to thank you very much for visiting my blog and making use of them to the fullest. Good luck!

Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tofu and Pineapple Stir fry

Tofu and Pineapple stir fry!
I am a big lover of Pineapple. Essentially, it is high in Vitamin C and rich in Thiamin, Vitamin B6 and Copper. Pineapple is such a versatile fruit and I use it to toss it in the tofu, Pineapple Rasam, Pineapple upside down cake, Pineapple Orange muffins, Rum spiked Pineapple and many more.. For people like me, who love a slight tangy taste in their food, is sure to try out this Pineapple - Tofu stir fry..The proceedure for the pineapple stir fry is pretty similar to any other tofu stir fry, with the extra ingredient of pineapples.

Ingredients:
- Tofu - 1 packet
- Soy sauce - 3- 4 tea spoons
- Onions - med sized -1
- Colored Pepers - 2-3 ( I use the frozen ones)
- Green chillies - 3- 4
- Garlic - 2 -3 pods
- Ginger - 1/4 inch
- Pineapple- Canned or Fresh

Procedure:
Add some 2 -3 teaspoons of olive oil to a cast pan and while it gets warm, chop the Onions and saute them in the oil. Fry the Onions till it turns golden brown. Add the Ginger, Garlic and fry a lil more. Then add the peppers and pineapple. They kind of cook well in the gooey mixture, add the tofu and mix them well. Add salt to taste ( if desired). Make sure you have your stove in low fire and keep stirring them well. Garnish with spring onions or cilantro!
Usually served with Jasmine Rice!

1 comment:

  1. Finally, I found this combo recipe here. Thanks for sharing this here and I will now cook it. I was so excited for the taste of this recipe. I hope that this will be easy to cook like in stir fried chicken.

    ReplyDelete