About Me

My photo
" I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very very curious" - Albert Einstien. I honestly think life is an eternal quest of knowing oneself. As I try my hands on various recipes, I am trying to rediscover my hidden traits and talents. I have immense pleasure sharing it to the world and say 'if these recipes worked for me, it would certainly work for you as well'. I am sure the journey of thousand miles should begin with the first step. Now I have taken my first step towards writing this blog and hope to keep it going with all of your support and motivation. All my readers, I would like to thank you very much for visiting my blog and making use of them to the fullest. Good luck!

Popular Posts

Friday, October 8, 2010

Stuffed Pepper/ Capcisicum - Topped with Tomato -Onion Sauce!


It would be hard to believe, when I think about how I picked the ingredients for this dish. I went to the store, saw this capcisum/ pepper, fresh and green. I always wanted to make stuffed pepper and I was thinking that it is a super complicated process. Then when I made it this time I realized this is no rocket signs and was such a simple recipe. It is super tasty and a very different recipe to try your hands on!

Ingredients:
1) Large Pepper/ Capsicum - scooop put the seeds using a knife
2) Basmati rice - 2 cups
3) Paneer - 3/4 cup (grated)
4) Onions - 2 large onions - diced
5) Ginger 1/2 inch( grated)
6) Garlic - 3 pods ( diced into tiny pieces)
7)Tomato - 2 -3
8) Green Chillies - 2 - 3
9) Cilantro to garnish
10)Jeera - 1 1/2 teaspoon
11)Butter - 2 teaspoon
12)Salt
13) Black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
14) Peas (optional) - handsful

Proceedure:


Cook the basmati rice just as usual. When the basmati rice is cooking add a teaspoon of butter, 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt. Take a pan, add a spoon of butter and jeera, onions, ginger, garlic and chillies to it . Finally add grated panner to it after turning off the fire. Transfer these into the cooking Basmati rice and give it a good stir. (Add some peas if you desire)


Use the same pan and add butter, jeera, onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, chillies and with a little turmeric and salt - fry them in a low flame till you get a thick tomato - onion paste. ( You can add garam masala if you prefer)


Take the Green Pepper/ capcicum. Wash it well. Cut out the top portion just where the stem is and scoop out the seeds. Sprinkle some black pepper and salt. Preheat in the oven to 350 F and once the oven is ready spray some cooking oil over the pepper and leave it in the oven till the outer skin becomes nice and tender.


As soon as the rice is cooked transfer them into a plate/tray and let it cool completely. Once the rice is done stuff them slowly, taking care to see that they dont break and fill the pepper to the brim and close it with some Mexican cheese. This will prevent the rice from falling out. Put the stuffed pepper in the oven and wait till the cheese melts.


Serve it over steaming rice, tomato onion sauce and garnish with cilantro!


PS: You can get creative by adding grated veges like carrot, cabbage, Spinach Etc. Toss in a handful of various nuts to make it nutritious.

No comments:

Post a Comment