About Me

My photo
" I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very very curious" - Albert Einstien. I honestly think life is an eternal quest of knowing oneself. As I try my hands on various recipes, I am trying to rediscover my hidden traits and talents. I have immense pleasure sharing it to the world and say 'if these recipes worked for me, it would certainly work for you as well'. I am sure the journey of thousand miles should begin with the first step. Now I have taken my first step towards writing this blog and hope to keep it going with all of your support and motivation. All my readers, I would like to thank you very much for visiting my blog and making use of them to the fullest. Good luck!

Popular Posts

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Enchilladas with Black bean Salad, Salsa and Sour cream


Enchilladas with Black Bean Salad, Salsa and Sour cream!
Most of us from India, love Mexican cuisine because it is very close to the Indian style of cooking. There are many healthy food combinations that you can make out of Mexican ingredients. I go gaga on most of the lentils and Blackbeans tops the list because it is a good source of Protein, Thiamin, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Manganese, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber and Folate. It is super tasty and can be eaten raw - as in salads or can be cooked as well!
- Blackbean Salsa
- Enchilladas
- Blackbean Salsa:
- 1 Large Red Onion - chopped into tiny pieces
- I large Tomato
- 1 Med Corn ( slightly micowave it for abt 30 secs)
- 10 - 15 slices of Jalapeno Peppers ( Depending ur spice level)
- Cilantro
- Olive oil
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- Parsley
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
Proceedure:
Combine all the ingredients, and give it a quick toss with Olive oil and squeeze 1/2 fresh lemon. Garnish with parsley and Cilantro.
You could get creative by adding some ripe mangoes to the salsa. It would taste wonderful.
Enchilladas:
- Soft totillas - 3
- Mexican cheese - 1/2 cup
- Enchillada sauce - 1/2 can
- Mexican Rice.
Proceedure:
Cook the rice as per package instructions. Lay a thin layer of rice over the soft tortilla and roll it up. Keep the open edges facing down, this ways it does not open up. Pour enchillada sauce over the filled tortilla and garnish it with some Mexican cheese. Bake it in the oven for 350 degrees till the cheese melts. Delicious mexican wraps are ready! Makes a wholesome lunch or dinner.
Serve with the BlackBean salad, Salsa and Sourcream. You can also add Mint, Basil Lemon juice as a drink.
Variations:
- Try tofu to go inside the wrap. I would include tofu as much as possible for its nutional value.
- Try just cheese and veges
- Try Blackbeans and Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment